EDSF is committed to responsible information handling practices. You can visit most pages on our site without giving us any information about yourself, but sometimes we need information to provide services that you request. This privacy statement explains data collection and use in those situations. By visiting our Web site, you consent to the information practices described in this policy. Below are listed the answers to questions you may have.
What information does EDSF collect and how is the information used?
Information You Provide to Us
We may obtain personally identifiable information about you ONLY if you elect to give us that information. Types of personally identifiable information we ask you to provide may include the following:
- Zip code
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- Credit card number and expiration date (for online donations)
Information Collected Automatically
When you visit our Web site, we automatically collect information about your visit that does not identify you personally. We can tell the type of computer, browser, and Web service you are using. We also know the date, time, and pages you visit. Collecting this information helps us design the site to suit your needs.
Generally, our uses of information collected online include:
- Enable you to make a donation
- Deliver services, such as sending marketing communications and newsletters
- Submit a scholarship application
EDSF may also use personally identifiable information for internal purposes, such as tracking demographic data to make this Web site more useful to our visitors.
Does EDSF Web site use OTHER TECHNOLOGIES or THIRD PARTIES to INDIRECTLY collect information?
Our Web site may also use other technologies to track which pages on our Web sites our visitors view. This non-identifiable click-stream data helps us understand how visitors use our Web site.
Does EDSF SHARE the information I’ve provided on scholarship applications?
EDSF does not share or sell any supporter information with outside organizations. In addition, students are NOT automatically enrolled to receive extraneous emails and/or solicitations of any sort. Students must opt-in to be added to any distribution list.
How can I UPDATE or CHANGE my information?
EDSF wants your information to be accurate and complete. To update or change your information, you can send your updated information to email@example.com.
How does EDSF SECURE my personal information?
We are committed to properly securing the information we collect online. To help us accomplish this, we take the following steps:
- We employ internal access controls to ensure that the only people who see your information are those with a need to do so to perform their official duties;
- We train relevant personnel on our privacy and security measures;
- We physically secure the areas where we hold hard copies of the information we collect online;
- We use technical controls to secure the information we collect online as appropriate, including firewalls and password protections.
Whom can I CONTACT if I have questions, concerns or want to correct errors?